Thursday, April 29, 2010

Pattern for Burda top?

Hi all - thanks for your nice comments on my Burda chartreuse top; they definitely boosted my motivation to sew my next project.

A few of you asked for pattern or tutorial.  I don't think my unorganized self is capable of putting up a tutorial.  Alternatively, I wouldn't mind tracing & posting the multi-size pattern pieces on this blog.  My concern is Burda copyright cop come a-knocking at my door with design / copyright infringement issue, if I do so.

Does anybody know, if posting the patterns on the blog would constitute an infringement?

1 comment:

  1. Before you post anything, send them an e-mail and ask for permission to reproduce their pattern on your Web site. I doubt they'd say yes, but it can't hurt to ask.

    Coincidentally, I just saw today that KwikSew has released a somewhat similar pattern:

    http://kwiksew.com/Catalog/cat_detail.cfm?pid=3784&Cat=Collection&Level=New_Products&QL=NewNorth

    ReplyDelete