Saturday, March 3, 2012

Ikea Dressers + Shelves for office/sewing room

I made a little storage for my sewing room.  By little I mean big.  By my sewing room I mean the office which I'm slowly taking over as a sewing room. 

The process and before-and-after pictures are here, but the gist is I need storage to contain and hide the clutter that is often associated with work spaces, so after goofing around and stressing out for a while, I came up with the perfect solution, which is basically just some dressers and pine boards:


Everything in one place!  Fabrics in the dressers!  DIY and home improvement magazines, sewing and Burda mags, patterns in yellow manila envelopes, plus my binder of articles and how-to's and other office papers on the first shelf!  Other knick knacks and doodads are contained on the next shelf!  Whatever else on the next one!(!)   How organized it is!!!  I will give myself one month before things start to get cluttered again!  At which point I will move on to the next project!  See now you know why I don't have time to sew.

By the way, I bought a new serger :)

3 comments:

  1. I love how everything is super organised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so organized, I love it! It's amazing how nice it is to sew/create things when the space is neat and organized.

    ReplyDelete